Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body is one of my favorite blogs. I love the author’s humor and often lol when reading her post. Her food looks great and is very different from my style of cooking. I think one reason I like her blog so much is because I get ideas for foods that I wouldn’t normally cook. For example, I have noticed that she often shares recipes that include goat cheese. She even has a recipe for Goat Cheese Stuffed Cookies. I had never tried goat cheese before and was really curious. I saw this recipe for Baked Goat Cheese Dip in Southern Living Magazine I thought I would give it a try.
Goat cheese has a very distinct flavor and reminds me a lot of feta cheese, which I love. If you like feta, I think you will really enjoy this easy appetizer recipe.
- small onion, diced - 1
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- cloves garlic, minced - 2
- tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- dried crushed red pepper - 1/4 tsp
- pinch of sugar -
- petite-diced tomatoes - 1 (14.5 ounce) can
- chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/4 cup
- torn basil leaves - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste -
- goat cheese logs, softened - 2 (4 ounce)
- cream cheese softened - 1 (8 ounce) package
- assorted cut vegetables and bread cubes -