This recipe is one that I used to cook often when I did a lot of freezer cooking. I used to plan my meals two weeks to one month at a time. Then I would prepare and freeze them. Whenever I needed a dish, I would simply pull it from the freezer, let it thaw, and then bake according to the directions. Before moving to Italy, we got rid of our deep freeze, and since our freezer space here is so small I have not done much freezer cooking in a while.
Our whole family enjoys this casserole and I think you will too.
This recipe makes 2- 9x13 inch or 4- 8x8 inch casseroles.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 600 kcal; Fat: 37 grams;
- ground meat - 2 lbs.
- margarine - 4 T.
- garlic, minced - 2 cloves
- salt - 2 tsp.
- sugar - 2 tsp.
- tomato sauce - 4-8 oz. cans
- cream cheese - 2-8 oz pkg.
- sour cream - 2 cups
- green onions, including green part, chopped - 12
- noodles - 2-8 oz. pkg.
- cheddar cheese, grated - 2 cups
- In a skillet brown meat in margarine (I never use the margarine).
- Add garlic, salt, sugar, and tomato sauce; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Soften and blend thoroughly cream cheese and sour cream. Add onions and set aside.
- Boil noodles until tender; drain.
- In baking dishes, layer noodles, cream cheese mixture, and meat sauce. Repeat Layers. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.