I used to have a real fear of butter. For years, I heard that all fat was bad so I eliminated high fat foods from my diet not realizing that all fats are not created equal. The past few months I have embraced the Eat Clean lifestyle which includes real food and doesn’t limit foods simply because of the amount of fat grams. I have discovered that butter can actually be, are you ready, good for you! Don’t believe me? Checkout this article Reconsider Butter from Eat Clean magazine for more information. Now I enjoy butter in moderation without the guilt.
This quick and simple veggie dish is deliciously healthy and the lemon gives it a nice tang. You may notice the recipe calls for mushrooms but there are none in the pic. I was out of mushrooms or I totally would have added them.
- sliced ripe olives - 1/3 cup
- butter, melted - 1/3 cup
- lemon zest - 1 tsp.
- broccoli, trimmed - 1 bunch
- red bell pepper, sliced into strips - 1
- sliced fresh mushrooms - 1/2 pound
- baby corn - 1 (7 ounce) can
- In a bowl, combine olives, butter, lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli and red bell pepper 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and corn. Steam an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour olive butter sauce over broccoli.