This cold weather and snow we’ve had lately definitely puts me in the mood for some good ole comfort food. This one-pot Cabbage and Sausage Supper is easy, delicious and perfect on a cold winter day.
adapted from Taste of Home
Nutrition facts: Calories: 435 kcal; Fat: 22 grams;
- butter - 1/4 cup
- light smoked sausage - 2 pounds
- large onion cut into eighths - 1
- medium head of cabbage, chopped - 1
- chicken broth or water - 1/2 cup
- medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes - 7
- Tony Chachere's seasoning to taste -
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, sauté sausage and onion in butter over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender. Add the cabbage and chicken broth or water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in potatoes and seasoning to taste. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.