This bread is easy cheesy goodness! My boys gobbled it up and were fighting over who got the last pieces. Looks like this Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread will be a staple in our house from now on.
source: adapted from Bless This Food, Again Cookbook
from Poplar Springs Methodist Church in Meridian, MS
I only had one can of biscuits on hand so I halved the recipe and used a loaf pan instead of a tube or Bundt pan as stated in the recipe.
- butter - 1 stick of butter
- garlic cloves, minced - 3
- Pillsbury Grands refrigerator biscuits - 2 cans
- favorite cheese shredded (I used a mixture of mozzarella and monterey jack, but any good melting cheese will work) - about 1 cup
- poppy seeds (optional) -
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Spread a layer of your favorite shredded cheese in the bottom of a greased tube or Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Top with one layer of biscuits dipped in garlic butter, then sprinkle with cheese and poppy seeds again.
- Alternate layers until all the biscuits are used.
- Finish with cheese and poppy seeds on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cover with foil and continue baking 20 minutes.
- Invert onto plate and serve piping hot.