This filling dish is perfect anytime of day. It would make a great addition to a brunch or dinner as an easy one-dish meal. Go crustless for a yummy low-carb and diabetic friendly dish. The hamburger meat can also be substituted for sausage for a little different flavor.
source: church cookbook
- ground beef, crumbled - 1/2 pound
- chopped bell pepper - 1/2 cup
- artichoke hearts, chopped coarsely - 1/2 pound can
- jar mushrooms, sliced - 4 ounces
- 9 inch pie crust - 1
- grated Swiss cheese - 1/2 cup
- whipping cream - 1 cup
- eggs, beaten - 3
- salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg - pinch
- Cook ground beef and drain grease.
- Saute bell peppers in pan until soft.
- Add in the artichoke the last couple of minutes until heated through.
- Add in mushrooms and ground beef, mix and spread mixture into pie shell.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over mixture.
- Mix cream, eggs and seasonings.
- Pour over cheese.
- Make at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.