Nutrition facts: Calories: 321.7 kcal; Fat: 2.9 grams;
- all purpose-flour - 1 1/2 cups
- whole wheat flour - 1 1/4 cups
- quick oats - 3/4 cups
- wheat germ - 1/2 wheat germ
- baking soda - 2 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- buttermilk - 1 3/4 cups
- honey - 2 tbsp
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, oats, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together buttermilk and honey. Add to flour mixture; stir to combine until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Divide in half.
- Shape each half into a round loaf.
- Place loaves 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet; bake 10 minutes. (I baked mine in a bread loaf pan.)
- Reduce temperature to 400°F.
- Continue baking 10 minutes longer or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool 15 minutes.