Nutrition facts: Calories: 239.7 kcal; Fat: .8 grams;
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Brush a baking sheet with melted butter or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup buttermilk, beating constantly, until dough is firm enough to be gathered into a ball. If dough crumbles, add up to ½ cup more buttermilk, 1 tbsp at a time, until it holds together.
- Place on a lightly floured board and pat into an 8-inch flattened round loaf.
- Place loaf on baking sheet and slash a ½ inch deep “X” into the top of the dough with a small sharp knife.
- Bake at 425°F for about 45 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Serve hot.