These delicious marinated grilled veggie skewers would make a perfect addition to your Memorial Day cookout. I made this recipe several weeks ago when we had our Italian friends over for dinner and karaoke. We planned to cookout steaks and chicken so when I came across this recipe I thought it would be a perfect compliment. It is super easy and doesn’t take a lot of time to prep which is great when trying to prepare several other dishes. The marinade can be made the day before and then simply add the veggies a couple hours before grilling.
These veggies made such a pretty presentation and were a big hit with everyone at the party. They are really healthy so you can save those calories for dessert!
I used the recipe as a guide, but didn’t follow it exactly. You can use whatever vegetables you like. I did not add the crushed red pepper since I wasn’t sure if my guests would like them spicy.
- thickly sliced zucchini - 1/2 cup
- red bell pepper chunks - 1/2 cup
- yellow bell pepper chunks - 1/2 cup
- thickly sliced yellow squash - 1/2 cup
- wedged red onion - 1/2 cup
- fresh mushrooms - 16
- cherry tomatoes - 16
- wooden skewers -
- Marinade: -
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- soy sauce - 1/3 cup
- lemon juice - 1/3 cup
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- cloves garlic, crushed - 3
- honey - 2 tbsp.
- dried oregano - 2 tsp.
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional ~ only if you like heat) - 1/2 tsp.