In honor of Cinco de Mayo I am reposting this dip recipe. It is one of my favs and once I start eating it is hard to stop. Simply put together and chill, no baking required.
I apologize that I haven’t been consistently posting recipes lately. I am currently taking four accelerated college classes, so I have been a little busy. My write ups will probably be short and sweet until two of my classes end on November 7.
I am excited to share this yummy Mexican Dip recipe with you! I got this from a good friend when we lived in Meridian, MS. She now lives in Texas, and I am in Italy, but thanks to Facebook we can still keep in touch. I am so thankful for the friends all over the world that the Lord has brought into my life. Each new friend makes my life so much richer, and I am truly grateful!
- cream cheese (I like to use 1/3 less fat) - 2 (8 ounce) packages
- mayo (I use light) - 3/4 cup
- taco seasoning - 3 Tbsp
- green onions, sliced - 2 (set aside 2 Tbsp for topping)
- diced red bell pepper - 1 cup
- salsa - 3/4 cup
- garlic clove, crushed - 1
- black beans, drained and rinsed - 1 can
- whole kernel corn, drained - 1 can
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, and seasoning until smooth. Set about 1 cup aside, spread the rest on bottom of serving dish and about ½ way up sides.
- Slice green onions and set aside 2 Tbsp for top.
- Combine green onion, red bell pepper, salsa, garlic, beans, and corn. Spread ½ of salsa mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Repeat both layers.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp green onions on top.