adapted from Southern Living All-Time Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutrition facts: Calories: 70 kcal; Fat: 3.3 grams;
- butter, softened - 3/4 cup
- granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- firmly packed dark brown sugar - 3/4 cup
- large eggs - 2
- vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp.
- all-purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp.
- cocoa - 3/4 cup
- baking soda - 1 tsp.
- salt - 3/4 tsp.
- Parchment paper -
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Drop by tablespoonful onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes (I bake them 12 minutes) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).