Risotto is a very popular Italian dish. I had never heard of risotto until we moved to Italy. There are many variates of risotto dishes and they are all delicious. It is easy to make, but does require a lot of attention while cooking, but it is so worth it!
- Arborio or Carnaroli rice - 1 3/4 cup
- sliced mushrooms - 1 1/3 cup
- asparagus, cut into pieces - 7 oz.
- chopped onions - 1/2 cup
- chopped ham - 3/4 cup
- grated Parmasan cheese - 1/2 cup
- butter - 1/2 cup
- fresh parsley - 1 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil - 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable broth -
Chop the onion and fry in a pan with extra virgin olive oil add the rice and toast.
Add mushrooms, asparagus, and ham to rice. Add broth a little at a time while stiring constantly until soaked in rice. Continue the process until rice is cooked.
Lastly stir in butter and Parmesan.Buon Appetito!!