Pumpkin week continues with this refreshing no-bake dessert. Pumpkin, orange, and ginger snap crust make this dessert a perfect fall treat. Not a fan of ginger snaps? No problem, simply substitute graham crackers.
Buon Appetito in Autunno!
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens recipe
- finely crushed ginger snaps or graham crackers - 3/4 cup
- butter, melted - 2 Tbsp
- 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened - 1-8 ounce package
- sugar or sugar substitute (equal to one cup of sugar) - 1 cup
- fat free milk - 1/2 cup
- vanilla - 2 tsp
- finely shredded orange peel - 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened - 2 - 8 ounce packages
- can pumpkin - 1-15 ounce
- pumpkin pie spice - 1 tsp
- unflavored gelatin - 1 envelope
- orange juice - 1/4 cup
- For crust, in a medium bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and melted butter until crackers are moistened. Press mixture onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Cover and chill while preparing filling.
- For filling, in a food processor or blender, combine the reduced-fat cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, 1/4 cup of the milk, the vanilla, and orange peel. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine fat-free cream cheese, pumpkin, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup milk, and the pumpkin pie spice. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir 1 tablespoon of the gelatin mixture into the white cream cheese mixture and the remaining gelatin mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over chilled crust in pan. Carefully pour white cream cheese mixture over pumpkin mixture. Using a narrow, thin-bladed metal spatula or a table knife, swirl pumpkin and white mixtures.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving. To serve, using a small sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from side of springform pan; remove side of pan. Cut into wedges. Makes 12 servings.