These Oven Roasted Greek Potatoes are seriously the best roasted potatoes ever and a perfect complement to any meat.
- large potatoes, peeled (optional) and cut into large wedges (about 6-8 wedges per potato) - 8
- garlic cloves, minced (don't skimp on the garlic) - 4
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- water - 1 cup
- dried oregano - 1 Tbsp.
- lemon, juiced - 1
- sea salt -
- freshly ground black pepper -
- Preheat oven to 420°F
- Cover large baking pan or jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put all the ingredients into a baking pan.
- Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Using clean hands give everything a toss to distribute.
- The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won't burn.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
- Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes. If there isn't enough water the potatoes will burn.
- This will take about another 40 minutes.