Anytime I see a recipe that has Paula Deen’s name in it, it’s pretty much a guarantee that it’s gonna be tasty. It is definitely true with this delicious White Chili. This slow cooker recipe is super easy and if you are short on time can be made on the stove instead. The original recipe does not call for a can of black beans, but I had some on hand so added them.
- Soup: -
- chicken, cooked and chopped - 5 cups
- Great Northern Beans, drained - 3 (15 oz.) cans (I sometimes add more beans)
- black beans (optional) - 1 can
- chicken broth - 32 ounce box
- mild salsa - 16 ounce jar
- Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, cubed - 8 ounce package
- cumin - 2 tsp.
- Garnish: - cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, corn chips
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine all soup ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, if desired. Serve with corn chips.
- In a pinch, this can be cooked on the stove. Simply add all soup ingredients and heat thoroughly. Not required, but if you have time simmer for at least 30 minutes.