These Peanut Butter Sticks are easy, fun, and a great way to use stale bread. Plus, kids love them!!
The look of this crunchy snack is a little deceiving. Most people think they are a type of fried food like chicken, sweet potato fries, or mozzarella sticks. It’s kinda funny to see their reaction when they take a bite and it’s not what they expected, but instead it’s a yummy peanut buttery treat.
- bread - 1/2 loaf
- canola oil - 1 cup
- peanut butter - 1 cup
- graham crackers, crushed - approximately 1 package
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Trim crust off each slice of bread and cut in 6 strips.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 1 hour. Bake a little longer if needed to insure they are very toasted.
- Melt oil and peanut butter.
- Dip toasted strips of bread in peanut butter mixture and roll in crushed graham crackers.
- Store in airtight container.