I try to keep lots of pasta on hand since my family loves it and it is so versatile. This Bacon Pasta came together one evening when I needed something quick, easy, and delicious for dinner. It only took 20 minutes from stove to table.
Serve with salad and garlic bread for a satisfying meal.
- whole wheat penne or pasta of your choice - 1 box (13.25 ounces)
- bacon - 4 slices
- onion - 1/2 cup
- garlic cloves - 2
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese - to taste (about 1/4 cup depending on preference)
- Italian seasoning - 1-2 tsp.
- heavy cream - 3/4 cup
- Heat salted water on stove to boil for pasta.
- Cook bacon in a skillet. Remove from skillet and crumble.
- Saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings.
- While sauteing onions and garlic add pasta to water and allow to boil according to directions.
- Add heavy cream, italian seasoning, bacon, and parmesan cheese to onion and garlic. Heat through.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- Toss and serve immediately.