Snickerdoodle is such a funny word. I just love saying it! If you know me very well, you know that I like to make cookies, but until a few weeks ago I had never made snickerdoodles. I love cinnamon so I really liked them, but I knew they were really good when my husband enthusiastically approved. He is my number one food critic, and I can always trust him to give an honest opinion. If he doesn’t like a recipe it most likely will not end up on my blog. I hope you enjoy these snickerdoodles as much as we did!
- butter, softened - 1 cup
- sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- large eggs - 2
- all-purpose flour - 2 3/4 cups
- cream of tartar - 2 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- sugar - 3 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon - 3 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl
- Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.