I couldn’t wish for a better fish dish.
Butter, lemon, and almonds make this fish anything but common.
Super yummy and oh, so simple, it makes me want to sing a jingle.
Only five ingredients and 20 minutes to prep and cook will keep your evening from becoming overbooked.
So quick and easy, I had extra time to come up with this little rhyme.
Is it Tilapia that you doubt? Try flounder, sea bass, or even trout.
If you give it a try, please share your results and don’t be shy.
Thank you so much for stopping by. You are so very, very fly.
source: Prime Meridian Cookbook nutritional info calculated using 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 flour (since not all the flour or butter will be on the fish when served)
- Tilapia - 4 fillets
- butter - 1/2-3/4 cup
- all purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- juice of lemon - 1
- slivered almonds - 1 cup
- salt and pepper -
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Dredge fish in flour.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pan fry 5 minutes per side until crisp.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add almonds to butter and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour over fish before serving.