Do you have 10 minutes in the evening to dedicate to making a delicious healthy breakfast? If so, you have to try these bars!
Breakfast is so challenging at my house. My boys do not typically like the same foods for breakfast. My older son enjoys a traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon or sausage, pancakes or waffles. My younger son would rather eat pizza, spaghetti or leftovers from the night before. I have to admit, spaghetti was often on my breakfast plate as a kid, but when I became pregnant with my first child that all changed. From then on I could only eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Spaghetti for breakfast ~ yuck! Since he will not experience pregnancy, I am hoping puberty hormones will eventually cause him to develop a more mature palate.
These Peanut Butter Bars are AMAZING! I made some last night and served them this morning with fingers crossed. Both boys really liked them! That totally excites me, but what excites me even more is that the bars are healthy too. They were eating oatmeal and they didn’t even care! Woohoo! I can’t get them to eat oatmeal for anything. So this recipe is definitely a keeper.
I feel a little David Letterman coming on.
Top 10 reasons why you should make this recipe:
10. Only 3 ingredients!
9. 10 min prep time!
8. Both my boys like it so I bet your family will too!
7. Perfect on-the-go food!
6. Customizable ~ add in dried fruit, nuts, or protein powder (for extra flavor and protein)
5. Satisfies longer than sugary cereals, bars, or processed pastries!
4. Oats help lower cholesterol!
3. No baking required!
2. No morning dishes to wash!
and the number one reason you should make these bars
Your kids will be eating oatmeal and loving it!
- Put peanut butter and honey in a heavy saucepan and heat on low until thoroughly combined and becomes a liquid consistency.
- Mix in oats and stir.
- Press into a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Cover and let set overnight.