Cold and snowy winter days, like we are having today in Maryland, are perfect for this creamy, comforting Baked Potato Soup.
- potatoes - 4 large, peeled and diced
- butter - 2/3 cup
- milk - 6 cups (whole milk is best)
- flour - 2/3 cup
- green onions - 4
- salt - 1/4 tsp.
- pepper - 1/2 tsp.
- shredded cheese - 1 1/2 cups
- bacon - 12 slices
- sour cream - 8 ounces
- Cook potatoes. You can cook them any method that you wish. I typically boil the diced potatoes about 10 minutes then drain.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook on low heat, stirring until smooth, stir for one minute adding milk (turn up heat to medium).
- Stir until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in potatoes, cheese, salt, pepper, bacon, green onions and sour cream.
- Cook until heated. Do not boil!