Slow cookers make life so much easier so I try to use them as often as possible. These pork chops are very tasty and cooking them in the slow cooker makes them so tender. This recipe is definitely a family pleaser!
The recipe calls for 1/4 cup rice to be added on top of the pork chops. A few minutes before serving, the rice wasn’t fully cooked. I simply stirred the pot and let it cook for about 10 more minutes. The 1/4 cup of rice wasn’t enough for our family so I made extra rice on the stove, but next time I will probably add more rice and soup to the slow cooker.
I served these “Chicken Lickin” Good Pork Chops with extra rice, side salad, and bread.
The nutritional facts were calculated using 8- 4 oz. lean boneless center cut pork chops.
- lean pork chops (1 inch thick) I used boneless - 6-8
- salt - 1 tsp.
- flour - 1/2 cup
- dry mustard - 1 1/2 tsp.
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp.
- vegetable oil (I used olive oil) - 2 Tbsp.
- chicken and rice soup - 1 can
- uncooked rice - 1/4 cup
- Dredge pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard, and garlic powder.
- Brown pork chops in oil in a large skillet.
- Place browned pork chops in crock pot.
- Add can of chicken and rice soup.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours.