This chocolate pecan pie is my favorite variation of the Southern classic, Pecan Pie. Several years ago when I was a Southern Living at Home consultant one of my hostesses served this pie at her home party and I fell in love! I prefer this over regular pecan pie any day. This is would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving feast!
- refrigerated piecrust - 1/2 (15 ounce) package
- large eggs - 4
- light corn syrup - 1 cup
- butter or margarine, melted - 6 Tbsp
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- firmly packed light brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- bourbon - 3 Tbsp (I didn't include this.)
- all-purpose flour - 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract - 1 Tbsp
- coarsely chopped pecans - 1 cup
- semisweet chocolate morsels, melted - 1 cup (6 ounces)
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Whisk together eggs, light corn syrup, and next 6 ingredients until mixture is smooth; stir in chopped pecans and melted morsels. Pour into piecrust.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 350° for 1 hour or until set.