There are times however when something is so good you just need to flat out copy the original. This is definitely true with this salad recipe. I am sure that many of you have enjoyed the wonderful salad at Olive Garden Restaurants. Their unlimited soup, salad, and breadstick deal is awesome! I could just about eat my weight in the salad. I was so excited when I came across this recipe a few months ago at www.tammysrecipes.com. I filed it away in my recipe binder waiting for just the right occasion. About a month ago my neighbor had a girl’s movie night/Wii dance party. It was loads of fun! I took this salad to the party and it was a hit! It really does tastes just like Olive Garden’s salad. So in this case, being a copycat is a good thing.
- Salad ingredients: -
- American Blend Dole Salad Mix - 1 bag
- red onion - 4-5 slices
- black olives chopped or slices - 1 can
- Pepperoncini peppers - 2-4
- croutions - 1 cup or more
- tomato chopped - 1
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese -
- Dressing Ingredients: -
- mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- white vinegar - 1/3 cup
- vegetable oil - 1 Tbsp
- corn syrup - 2 Tbsp
- grated Parmesan cheese - 2 Tbsp
- Romano cheese - 2 Tbsp
- garlic salt or clove - 1/2 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- parsley flakes - 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Combine salad ingredients and toss.
- Whirl all dressing ingredients in the blender and pour over salad, coating well. Toss if desired. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and serve.