This Honey and Soy Sauce marinade really couldn’t be more simple. Only 3 ingredients (not including pepper) makes this a snap to put together. Grilled chicken is so good and adding this marinade takes the chicken from good to great!
Serve with cole slaw and potatoes for an easy spring meal. I served this chicken with a side of potato pancakes made from leftover mashed potatoes. My boys loved the pancakes and I loved the fact that the potatoes didn’t go to waste. Waste not, want not!
adapted from: www.allrecipes.com prep time includes marinating
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- honey - 1/3 cup
- soy sauce (for gluten free use gluten free sauce) - 1/3 cup
- ground black pepper - 1/4 tsp.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 8
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto chicken while cooking.
- Place chicken in the bowl and marinade in the frig for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade and discard.
- Cook until chicken juices run clear or meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.